Netcare Healthcare UK, Public Relations
Netcare Healthcare UK, part of the General Healthcare Group, is an independent healthcare organisation running a number of facilities throughout the UK on behalf of the NHS. Unique provided Netcare with expert PR and media relations support over an 18-month period.
Netcare runs facilities including the Greater Manchester Surgical Centre, based on the site of Trafford General Hospital, a walk-in centre in Leeds, diagnostic services in London and a mobile cataracts unit operating across England.
As an independent organisation operating for the NHS, Netcare had found that run-of-the-mill issues, which any healthcare provider would regularly deal with, were treated with greater media interest. For this reason, Netcare required an experienced specialist healthcare consultancy to assist with its PR, media relations and crisis management.
What Unique Did
• Unique invested a great deal of time in understanding Netcare and its marketplace to ensure that it was well-placed to proactively spot issues before they became news, and then offered guidance when the media called.
• Netcare was able to rely on Unique’s experience in crisis situations. Unique helped Netcare to assess the issues at hand, the wider context and to plan its response based on the needs and position of the various stakeholders.
• Where spokespeople were needed, Unique worked with Netcare to help identify and prepare suitable candidates to face the media. It provided training, key messages development and thorough preparation to help the spokespeople achieve the best performance possible.
1. Unique managed Netcare’s press office with a high level of responsiveness and professionalism, ensuring that Netcare’s statements were well-represented in relevant stories.
2. Faced with a crisis, Netcare was able to turn to Unique’s experienced team of media handlers for guidance and representation.